3BLACKDOT (3BD) is a digital entertainment studio which partners with audience driven creators and community focused brands to create, produce, and finance innovative, original, and cross platform entertainment experiences. Today’s youth culture is marked by online/offline fluidity and 3BlackDot aims to optimize the user experience by creating complete 360 degree content worlds centered on the user, allowing writers, directors, talent and brands the opportunity to connect with their fans through immersive content experiences. Having in-house departments in film, TV, gaming, merchandise, events and publishing, 3BlackDot aims to create properties, products and campaigns which can be exploited simultaneously in these areas — while reducing the time to market. The vertically integrated company is uniquely positioned to harness the power of audience driven creators and satisfy the need for holistic entertainment/consumer experiences. Since its founding, 3BD has partnered with creators to sell more than 15 million books worldwide, amass 23 billion digital views, accumulate 100M+ subscribers across its network of 85 creators and has shipped hundreds of thousands of physical merchandise.
3BLACKDOT is looking for a creative, organized, and motivated Associate Producer to join our Content team. The content team produces lifestyle content for gaming and esports, as well as coverage and production of live esports tournaments. The Associate Producer will be responsible for supporting and collaborating with the Content team by researching, writing show segments, pitching ideas, and providing technical support. As a part of the Content team, this person will be an advocate for projects while working cross functionally with the Agency and Merchandise team.
Role and Responsibilities
- All duties are in support or a collaborative effort with Director, Production & Studio, EVP, 3BD Networks and Senior Producers
- Segment writing, writing for branded shows and episodic content including but not limited to live, live-to-tape, documentary, scripted or social media;
- Graphics and tape producing during live broadcasts.
- Some producer-manager time duties like location scouting.
- Vetting and pitching potential new talent for studio shows and broadcasts.
- Assist with Rundown creation and segment execution.
- Hands-on technical assistance or control room-type duties (graphics, switcher, etc.)
- Creative collaborative with on-camera talent.
- Technical solutions vetting, implementing and executing relating to live streams and broadcasts.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a production environment
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Strong knowledge of esports and gaming culture
- Strong understanding of Esports/gaming required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task, and prioritize on a daily basis
- Be a self-starter who can work independently as well as be a team player