Community Manager - Contractor
3BLACKDOT (3BD) turns moments into movements. We are an entertainment studio at the unique intersection of gaming and lifestyle. We take a community-forward approach to storytelling, content and commerce experiences in partnership with some of the largest YouTube and Twitch influencers in the world. Our network generates hundreds of millions of views each month across various digital platforms and channels with exceptional global reach.
We are a vertically integrated company across content production, ecommerce, marketing and sales, event production, and digital innovation. Our focus is on developing owned and operated brands, creative brand integrations with partner brands, and supporting the development of IP across games, film, and books. Our deep understanding of fluid consumption across channels means we bring to life innovative cross-platform entertainment experiences.
We have sold hundreds of thousands of merchandise units and more than 20M books. We have created cultural events attended by tens of thousands of gamers, musicians, artists and their fans. We are the creative force behind such box office hits as Queen & Slim, and published games celebrated by the gaming community. 3BD is headquartered in a 50,000 square foot state-of-the art office and adjacent studio in the Arts District of Downtown Los Angeles.
We are seeking a Community Manager to become the main interface between fans and marketing/production for a new upcoming animated show, Alpha Betas. You will be responsible for engaging in online conversations, writing social media calendars and keeping internal teams up-to-date with audience response to Alpha Betas.
Your priorities will center around engagement and growth of the community. You will engage in key dialogs with audiences and network into other communities. Social listening will be imperative to shape how we develop a social media strategy and show content production. You will bring an invaluable perspective that can influence how we develop the brand.
We are looking for a self-starter and team player who will be quick to react to internet trends and has an enthusiasm for online entertainment and gaming culture. This is a marketing team role with close ties to the production group. You care more about concepting, writing, developing, and contributing ideas as part of a team than you do about getting credit for the work. This is a contract position that will be approximately 20 hours per week on the Alpha Betas brand. An opportunity to discuss working on another project in conjunction for additional hours may be possible.
- Build a community from the ground up by bringing visibility to the brand and outreaching online for an exciting, topical, digital I.P. aimed at Gen Z, Millennial audiences. The show tackles serious topics with a light-hearted touch. It is hosted by a recognized celebrity and involves participation from some major content-creators across YouTube and Twitch
- Drive engagement around Alpha Betas by the community and other partners in our online communities (Twitter, Discord, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube) by sharing appropriate knowledge, content, and creating/participating in dialog as an identified member of the Alpha Betas team
- Collaborate with the production and marketing team to write content calendars and social media copy that are relevant, on-trend, and aligned with Alpha Betas’ target audience and community
- Schedule, execute, and post content. Monitor performance and respond timely.
- Report on social media campaigns, social listening and suggestions for areas of improvements, and opportunities to scale.
- Proven track record of how to engage and grow a digital community based on at least 1-2+ years of social media/campaign management experience
- Ability to write and create engaging social media content with a consistent cadence AND responding conversations. Able to point to examples of published work
- Content production skills for copy, photography, video, memes, and GIFs
- Knowledge of best practices across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Discord, etc
- Good understanding of relationship building/networking. Highly personable to foster personal connections with followers of Alpha Betas, other brand partners, and surrounding production team
- Strong sense of humor, quick-witted/improvisational response style. Our show tackles serious topics with a comedic tone so it is important that you can be an extension of that spirit within the community
- Strong gaming knowledge and gaming culture understanding. Active participant in gaming activities and regular follower of online conversations.
- Teamplayer able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment