Director, Business Development
3BLACKDOT (3BD) turns moments into movements. We are an entertainment studio at the unique intersection of Gaming & Culture. We partner with the most authentic and influential names in gaming who amass 6B+ hyper-engaged monthly viewers across the globe, and push the boundaries of modern entertainment by merging storytelling craft with gaming culture. A vertically integrated company, 3BD offers influencer marketing & sponsorships, media, branded IP, e-commerce, games IP, studio & book IP, as well as event production all under one roof in order to bring to life innovative cross-platform entertainment experiences for our talent, audience and brand partners.
In addition to its influencer and media success, 3BD has sold hundreds of thousands of merchandise units and more than 20M books, created cultural events attended by tens of thousands of gamers, musicians, artists and their fans, has been the creative force behind such box office hits as Queen & Slim, and published games celebrated by the gaming community. 3BD is headquartered in a 50,000 square foot state-of-the art office and adjacent studio in the Arts District of Downtown Los Angeles.
- Identify and implement trendsetting revenue-driving ideas incremental to 3BD’s current business that thrive in the digital/social landscape and can deliver 3BD long-term commercial growth. Devise the incremental revenue and partnerships strategy, create new business plans for relevant engagements and be responsible for bringing them successfully to life.
- Screen potential new business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, financial analysis, potential, evaluate options and resolve internal priorities.
- Grow the pipeline for new incremental business by generating new revenue-driving strategic partnerships that are in line with 3BD overall brand & commercial strategy, grow revenue, negotiate and close deals.
- Navigate internal & external stakeholders to run the partnership discussions end to end; including identifying the right opportunities, framing win-win structures, negotiation and contractual closure.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of social + media platform offerings and how 3BD can take advantage of them to a consistent commercial advantage.
- Continually evaluate new market trends and competitive opportunities/threats; support 3BD’s overall business development strategy and planning with focus on long term commercial growth.
- Optimization & monetization of talent & talent libraries, securing streaming deals with Platforms, etc
- Delivering additional revenue opportunities outside Ad Sales: production & co-production, content-as-a-service, library & off-platform monetization, strategic merchandising collabs, revenue driving partnerships with strategic partners, M&A, international growth, etc
- Constantly uncovering & delivering incremental revenue generating opportunities outside 3BD’s current revenue streams & geographies.