Senior Sales Account Executive
3BLACKDOT (3BD) turns moments into movements. We are an entertainment studio at the unique intersection of Gaming & Culture. We partner with the most authentic and influential names in gaming who amass 6B+ hyper-engaged monthly viewers across the globe, and push the boundaries of modern entertainment by merging storytelling craft with gaming culture. A vertically integrated company, 3BD offers influencer marketing & sponsorships, media, branded IP, e-commerce, games IP, studio & book IP, as well as event production all under one roof in order to bring to life innovative cross-platform entertainment experiences for our talent, audience and brand partners.
In addition to its influencer and media success, 3BD has sold hundreds of thousands of merchandise units and more than 20M books, created cultural events attended by tens of thousands of gamers, musicians, artists and their fans, has been the creative force behind such box office hits as Queen & Slim, and published games celebrated by the gaming community. 3BD is headquartered in a 50,000 square foot state-of-the art office and adjacent studio in the Arts District of Downtown Los Angeles.
3BD is looking for a stellar Sales Executive to leverage 3BD’s owned and operated intellectual property. The right candidate is entrepreneurial and understands the current marketing ecosystem, having the vision, strategic skills to position 3BLACKDOT’s service capabilities within the needs and challenges of brand partners, creative and media agencies. They should be extremely client and delivery focused and unafraid to propose bold solutions when appropriate, demonstrating the creativity and hustle needed to identify opportunities to maximize 3BD revenue and add value to the client. The right candidate is excited by the ‘green field’ of leading the commercial activities of a new media offering that has a 6 year track record of delivering for high profile brands. They are comfortable with constant iteration as we continue to innovate on service/market strategy and fit.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the new and now. The Executive must be comfortable with constant change, show a willingness to try new things and have the adaptability and the intellectual acuity to find the right solutions for 3BD even when those solutions deviate from industry norms.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead company’s outreach to endemic (gaming) and non-endemic (non-gaming, including, but not limited to, hardware, entertainment, CPG, QSR, services…) brands and agencies
- Independently prospect within assigned verticals and exceed bi-annual and yearly revenue and margin goals
- Execute the full sales cycle process from lead generation & RFP response to contract close & renewal
- Identify client areas of potential growth and recommend revenue-generating opportunities in order to maintain and grow active account base
- Be the ambassador of 3BD’s full set of capabilities from influencer marketing & media, to custom content, events and merchandising, and evangelize the value of the company’s offering to advertisers
- Oversee the development, and pitch proposals which include a variety of original video series, talent activations, media, events, etc.
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver best-in-class RFP responses
- Support account managers in ensuring deliverables are aligned with deals terms and clients initial needs
- Develop and maintain relevant client and agency relationships, consistently building customer trust converting it into deals with existing and new contacts
- Maintain active knowledge of gaming, media and entertainment market landscape, clients needs and future challenges, trends and competitor activities, providing market feedback to company leadership
- Such other duties as your role may require, as directed by the Company
- Be versed in creative (branded) content as well as data-driven solutions
- Play an active role in growing 3BD's book of business and yearly revenue
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, develop and close outbound new business
- Demonstrated ability to represent a diverse array of content & e-commerce capabilities in the marketplace
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams in delivering best-in-class creative client pitches
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to create and pitch complex integrated advertising solutions to top decision makers
- Extensive client-side and agency relationships, including in the non-gaming space
- Ability to create and maintain meaningful relationships among client and agency teams, amidst an ever changing media and content planning and buying landscape
- Previous work in the influencer space preferred