Social Media / Community Specialist (Contractor)
3BLACKDOT (3BD) turns moments into movements. We are an entertainment studio at the unique intersection of Gaming & Culture. We partner with the most authentic and influential names in gaming who amass 6B+ hyper-engaged monthly viewers across the globe, and push the boundaries of modern entertainment by merging storytelling craft with gaming culture. A vertically integrated company, 3BD offers influencer marketing & sponsorships, media, branded IP, e-commerce, games IP, studio & book IP, as well as event production all under one roof in order to bring to life innovative cross-platform entertainment experiences for our talent, audience and brand partners.
In addition to its influencer and media success, 3BD has sold hundreds of thousands of merchandise units and more than 20M books, created cultural events attended by tens of thousands of gamers, musicians, artists and their fans, has been the creative force behind such box office hits as Queen & Slim, and published games celebrated by the gaming community. 3BD is headquartered in a 50,000 square foot state-of-the art office and adjacent studio in the Arts District of Downtown Los Angeles.
The Community Coordinator will be responsible for engaging online conversations and writing social media calendars for a variety of 3BD owned and operated brands (influencer, merchandise, corporate). Each account will have their own objectives and distinct branding that a Community Coordinator must embody to cultivate online communities across multiple platforms. We are looking for a self-starter and team player who will be quick to react to internet trends and has an enthusiasm for online entertainment and gaming culture. You care more about concepting, writing, developing, and putting the team in the best position to present our ideas than you do about getting credit for the work. This is a contract position that will be approximately 10-20 hours per week.
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the marketing team to write content calendars and social media copy that are relevant with trends and aligned with branding for influencer, corporate and merchandise accounts.
- Execute posting and monitor/execute social conversations
- Actively participate with our online communities (Twitter, Discord, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube).
- Schedule and monitor posts from content calendar
- Report on social media campaigns, social listening and suggestions for areas of improvements on social media posts
- Paid social campaign monitoring and reporting
- Strong knowledge of all major social media platforms and understand how to best represent multiple brands through social engagement
- Top-notch written communication skills
- Previous experience working with a content creator to align on messaging, timing and cadence of posts, helping to support and deliver on core brand messaging
- Previous experience executing paid media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter preferable
- Strongly emphasizes strategy with everything you touch
- Demonstrated ability to recommend and hit social KPIs as a part of broader social strategy
- An understanding of gaming and YouTube/Twitch industry is a must
- Graphic Design/Video editing capabilities is a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus