Video Editor - Contractor
3BLACKDOT (3BD) turns moments into movements. We are an entertainment studio at the unique intersection of Gaming & Culture. We partner with the most authentic and influential names in gaming who amass 6B+ hyper-engaged monthly viewers across the globe, and push the boundaries of modern entertainment by merging storytelling craft with gaming culture. A vertically integrated company, 3BD offers influencer marketing & sponsorships, media, branded IP, e-commerce, games IP, studio & book IP, as well as event production all under one roof in order to bring to life innovative cross-platform entertainment experiences for our talent, audience and brand partners.
In addition to its influencer and media success, 3BD has sold hundreds of thousands of merchandise units and more than 20M books, created cultural events attended by tens of thousands of gamers, musicians, artists and their fans, has been the creative force behind such box office hits as Queen & Slim, and published games celebrated by the gaming community. 3BD is headquartered in a 50,000 square foot state-of-the art office and adjacent studio in the Arts District of Downtown Los Angeles.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (Social & Digital Marketing team + Content) to collaborate on short-form content and assets for 3BD owned and operated brands aimed at a gaming audience
- End-to-end edit to create high quality, engaging video content that strongly communicates product brand narrative, goals, and concepts. Scripted and unscripted. New creative projects as well as editing “as is” delivered content
- Experiment with different edits and explore different directions/options as needed
- Super organized approach to production to enable high quality project management and end result.
- Must be comfortable with assembly of edits and implementation of notes from stakeholders with flexibility and sometimes fast turnaround. This is an environment where last-minute changes and deadlines require an agile mindset.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the team, support your team and give creative feedback
- Provide high-quality assets in multiple formats depending on expected consumption
- Regularly research the latest ideas and techniques in video production, editing, and gaming to maintain innovation and growth
- 3+ years’ experience editing compelling original content across multiple mediums ( short-form, documentaries, narrative, commercials) with a priority on social media content.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on Premiere Pro and After Effects
- An understanding of YouTube editing styles (ex. Gameplay, Narrative, Vlogging)
- Ability to work in all HD, UHD, and digital video formats including all variations of compression formats and codecs, and their different uses in the production environment. Possess a strong sense of story and rhythm, color grading, music and audio, and good communication
- Experience designing with GFX /VFX preferred
- Go-to person for troubleshooting workflows, render or export problems and have the ability to calmly guide people to the right solution
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar and comfortable collaborating in the edit bay with a producer and familiar with post-production process and equipment
- Extreme attention to detail
- Problem solver and critical thinker; able to receive constructive feedback in a professional manner
- You like to own projects from start to finish and can propose creative solutions when it comes to editing and storytelling, especially with budgetary constraints
- Familiarity with gaming, interactive entertainment, and other digital communities a plus
Please apply with 3-5 samples of work you’ve edited or a recent reel