VP, CLIENT STRATEGY + SALES
The VP, Client Strategy + Sales is responsible for developing a revenue driven sales organization. The right candidate is entrepreneurial and understands the current marketing ecosystem and has the vision, strategic and leadership skills to position 3BLACKDOT’s service capabilities within the needs and challenges of brand partners, creative and media agencies. They should be extremely client and delivery focused and unafraid to propose bold solutions when appropriate, demonstrating the creativity and hustle needed to identify opportunities to maximize 3BD revenue and add value to the client. They must be commercially-minded and dogged in their determination to secure 3BD’s seat at the table.
3BD’s portfolio of services include owned and operated branded content as well as brand integrations across our Youtube network which generates 600M+ views/month. In addition, they will be responsible for the productization of experiential, merch, and built in sold services, and positioning each into a competitive client solution suite. Ideally, the candidate has a track record of selling cross-platform entertainment marketing programs. They have strong relationships in digital/traditional media and marketing multiplex, building and maintaining relationships with brands, agencies and ad sales partners. They should be able to guide the monetization process across prospecting and account strategy to ensure execution and client satisfaction.
In addition to our service suite, the right candidate will leverage 3BD’s owned and operated intellectual property which includes short form animation, branded partnership and live events, original video games; and includes mediums such as print and feature films. The right candidate is excited by the ‘green field’ of leading the commercial activities of a new entertainment marketing offering that has a 6 year track record of delivering for high profile brands that is transitioning from RFP/reactive campaigns to AOR/proactive. They will help guide 3BD’s market positioning and is comfortable with constant iteration as we establish a service/market strategy and fit.
Lastly, We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the new and now. The VP must be comfortable with constant change, show a willingness to try new things and have the adaptability and the intellectual acuity to find the right solutions for 3BD even when those solutions deviate from industry norms. The VP, Client Strategy + Sales at 3BD is a doer, a leader, a ready learner and 100% committed to making this the most innovative, forceful, and important new company. Period.
The role reports into the CEO/COO. They will be a part of the leadership team. They will contribute to 3BD’s overall strategy and execution.
Role and Responsibilities
- Set ambitious sales strategy and targets, managing the delivery toward those goals amongst the sales team to maximize revenue and optimize profitability; handle complex deal negotiation with challenging and strategic client accounts
- Partner with internal Gaming, Talent, Content and Merchandising teams to design campaign strategies for brand clients
- Communicate and collaborate internally and cross-functionally regarding pricing & planning, marketing, research and capabilities in order to implement collaborative workflows to ensure excellent client solutions
- As the owner of the delivery of overall sales goals and program performance, hit quarterly and annual team revenue goals, motivating the sales team and reinforce a strong performance orientation
- Understand, synthesize and utilize analytics and data to inform both pre and post sale process
- Prospect for new business and accounts, and focus on initiating and developing both client direct and key agency clients
- Oversee the development and strategy of our responses to briefs including creative strategy and media planning; execution includes but is not limited to influencer campaigns, custom branded content and integrations, programmatic, O&O media campaigns
- Forecast and report sales performance, including budget, dates, and probability to close
- Inspire and lead a team of Account Executives and Account Managers
- Represent 3BD with a high level of integrity and knowledge as a thought leader to your internal partners and external clients and agencies
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues and develop recommendations and action plans
- Excellent client relations skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership, executive-level presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet constant deadlines, managing multiple projects and being extremely detail-oriented
- Demonstrates a proactive approach and takes initiative to be innovative
- Knowledge of gaming, influencer, consumer packaged goods and QSR space preferred